sábado, 30 de abril de 2016

What do people thank me for??

I have been trying to give an answer to this. Actually, I have been trying to give an action to this... I don't really have a concrete action people thank me for. I have been thanked for making people laugh, doing favors, giving presents, helping someone in some way. I realized, with this question, that I would really like to do more things for others. I actually have been trying to find a volunteering job on weekends...so I hope I get more done, so I can actually tell you a concrete action people thank me for.

Right now I can only think about one thing that really surprised me. A few years ago, a woman who used to be my boss thanked me for inspiring her to go persue a postgraduate degree. She is a super hard working and a really smart woman so I always looked up to her... I most definitely never thought she would thank me for taking another step in her career. It is funny, but I think that I am thankful that she thanked me. As meta as that might seem one thing is knowing why or who inspired you to do something, another is actually letting that person know they change you for the better. 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario